Information System Security Officer / ISSO
- Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC, USA
NXTKey provides commercial and government entities with the horsepower to drive their business machine faster and more efficiently to successful outcomes. To support our customers needs; we excel at providing Cyber Security, Enterprise Information Management, ICT Consulting, Development, Project Management and Business Process Services and Solutions.
Information System Security Officer / ISSO duties include:
• Perform Certification & Accreditation (C&A), System Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) as part of NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF) system and application accreditation
• Prepare Vulnerability Scanning test plans, coordinate testing, and conduct scans using Nessus, Foundstone, WebInspect, Hailstorm and other scan applications
• Analyze vulnerability scan results for validation and root cause
• Technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, network security, product evaluation, and security implementation.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of security solutions to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive information.
• Provide technical evaluations of customer CM and CMI solutions and provide security recommendations.
• Participate in the design of information system business impact analysis, system categorization, contingency plans, privacy documents, and other system security documentation to maintain appropriate levels of protection and meet requirements for minimizing operational impact to the enterprise.
• Conduct testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
• B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
• OMB and NIST Guidance
• System authorizations and configuration management
• Experience creating or modifying information security documentation
• Experience testing and documenting information security controls (NIST SP 800-53v3 or v4)
Active Public Trust clearance, adjudicated within past 5 years.
Must have worked on US Federal Government Projects.