Cyber Security Data Analyst
- Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC, USA
NXTKey Corporation has been delivering Information Technology, Information management, Information Assurance (IA) and cybersecurity solutions to US Federal Government since 2005.
NXTKey Corporation is an agile Small Business that places emphasis on teamwork and partnership with our clients to produce optimum contract performance. We have refined our solution from experience supporting highly complex Department of Justice (DOJ) environments such as United States Marshals Service (USMS), Justice Management Division (JMD), Office of Justice Programs
(OJP) and Federal Prison Industries (FPI).
Our depth of experience allows us to provide IT security support for a wide range of IT General Support Systems (GSS) and major applications (MAs) within the Federal Enterprise and following the guidance in the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) and information systems security support services in accordance with OMB Circular A-130, NIST guidelines and standards, as well as other federal policies and regulations.
Responsibilities: Join a fast moving, innovative, and growing team in the development and modernization of a cybersecurity monitoring and management application used by multiple larger federal customers. One of the core components for the application is providing cybersecurity risk scores for an organization or system. The team is looking for qualified Data Analysts to join our team to assess new data sources, enhance algorithms and incorporate Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning concepts.
Specific tasks include:
• Reviewing data sources (flat file, API, databases) for inclusion in the analysis.
• On-boarding new customers, and verify data provided meets requirements.
• Troubleshooting data issues.
• Assessing algorithms updates for accuracy and effectiveness.
• Conducting quality assessments on the data provided, and results generated.
• Working developers and visualization experts to enhance the use and consumption of the data provided.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
• 3-5 years' experience as a Data Security Analyst or equivalent knowledge.
• Experience using applications like R, Tableau, SQL Server, Power BI, etc.
• Experience with data quality, management, and complex algorithms
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.