Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) OCONUS
- Washington, DC
NVE, Inc. (NVE) is a Woman Owned Small Business that has been in business since 2003. Our lines of business include Integrated Facility Services, Administrative Support Services and Security. NVE has developed an excellent reputation with our Federal and Commercial clientele for our technical expertise and commitment to customer satisfaction.
CST's are individuals who are professionally trained in surveillance and construction techniques for the purpose of ensuring the security and integrity of a construction site, controlled access areas (CAA), and material items which are scheduled for use or inclusion in a controlled area.
The CST duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Control access to the construction sites.
- Screen and escort personnel within or to a construction site as appropriate. (For reasons of Safety and Security, only those persons whose names appear on the "Site Access List" will be permitted to enter the job site unescorted. The Site Access List will be provided by the Site Security Manager (SSM).
- Screen and escort all material and tools within or to a construction site.
- Maintain control of construction material within or to the construction site.
- Control the Secure Storage Area (SSA) and the material contained within
- Monitor and observe the construction workers as they accomplish their various construction tasks.
- Ensure all equipment; materials and furnishings for use in specified areas are x-rayed and examined.
- Assist the SSM with, "Random Selection and Random Procurement" of materials required for construction and installation in, or contiguous to, controlled areas.
- Inspect all persons, packages, bags, boxes, crates, tools, and vehicles, prior to entering the construction site.
- Produce daily logs of all related activity and events.
- Report all security related incidents, in incident report format, to the SSM.
- Report all anomalies and incidents of a counterintelligence nature directly to the SSM.
- Must have a high school diploma and be at least 25 years of age or older
- Must have at least 5 years experience in one of the following areas: Construction security surveillance, Technical surveillance counter measures, Industrial or government security involving counterintelligence, Construction quality assurance, Hands-on supervisory construction experience.
- Be capable of analyzing designs and blueprints, and of recognizing the architect's intended use.
- Be able to walk up and down 8 floor of starts repeatedly during the workday. Elevators may not be available for use on all construction areas.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.