Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- 444 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 3400, Chicago, IL, us
The World Health Organization recently classified OCD as a top ten most handicapping condition by lost income and quality of life, since it is typically chronic, produces irrational fears, and causes extreme anxiety. Over 90,000,000 people worldwide suffer from OCD; however, only 10% of these people get effective treatment, and it usually takes 14-17 years for them to do so. As a result, OCD patients silently suffer alone, giving OCD the nickname "the secret illness".
nOCD has laid the foundation needed to solve this global problem, helping OCD patients access clinically supported treatment in minutes instead of decades, including pharmacological interventions. Our platform manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world, using both content and technology. It offers content to help patients and providers understand more about OCD and always-on technology to engage patients to stay compliant with their treatment. We have been financially supported by some of the most experienced and influential figures in the healthcare industry, including 7wire Ventures.
Our team is building new functionality into the platform and enhancing existing workflows. As a result, we are looking for a smart and passionate individual to act as a voice of quality assurance as part of the product delivery team. The challenges will be rewarding as you will be helping millions of people around the world "worry less and live more".
What you’ll do:
- Emphasize a test-driven and quality-focused company culture
- Analyze business requirements and develop test plans
- Plan and execute tests across nOCD platform and applications
- Detect, collect, document and troubleshoot issues found during testing or reported from the field
- Participate in sprint planning, demos and retrospective sessions
- Evaluate testing tools and stacks
- Track and analyze quality metrics
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity and solution quality
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software quality assurance testing
- Knowledge and background in proven QA approaches and testing techniques
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills and eagerness to share best practices with others
- Passion for new technology, healthcare and entrepreneurship
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging start-up environment
What we offer:
- Killer top floor office on Magnificent Mile with stunning views
- Casual, challenging and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission driven team atmosphere
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive employee benefit package
- 24/7 access to onsite fitness center
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Flexible PTO policy
nOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.