Full Stack Engineer
- 444 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 3400, Chicago, IL, us
The World Health Organization recently classified OCD as a top ten most handicapping condition by lost income and quality of life, since it is typically chronic, produces irrational fears, and causes extreme anxiety. Over 90,000,000 people worldwide suffer from OCD; however, only 10% of these people get effective treatment, and it usually takes 14-17 years for them to do so. As a result, OCD patients silently suffer alone, giving OCD the nickname "the secret illness".
nOCD has laid the foundation needed to solve this global problem, helping OCD patients access clinically supported treatment in minutes instead of decades, including pharmacological interventions. Our platform manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world, using both content and technology. It offers content to help patients and providers understand more about OCD and always-on technology to engage patients to stay compliant with their treatment. We have been financially supported by some of the most experienced and influential figures in the healthcare industry, including 7wire Ventures.
Our team is building exciting functionality into the app and enhancing its already developed workflows. As a result, we are looking for a smart and passionate full stack engineer to join our mission full time. The technical challenges will be rewarding, and as a full stack engineer on this team, you will drive features and modifications that not only enable innovation, but also serve as a platform across nOCD, helping millions of people around the world "worry less and live more".
Our current technology stack includes Swift, Xcode, Java, Python, Flask, MySQL
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop our proprietary OCD treatment platform
- Collaborate in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Introduce technologies and influence code development methodologies
- Investigate, analyze and implement code development improvements
- Solve complex technology problems
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Strong knowledge of server-side scripting languages such as Java, Python or PHP
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience with mobile development toolsets a plus
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience building and working with APIs
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Authorized to work in the U.S
- Willing to work full time out of our Chicago office
What we offer:
- Killer top floor office on Magnificent Mile with stunning views
- Casual, challenging and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission driven team atmosphere
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive employee benefit package
- 24/7 access to onsite fitness center
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Flexible PTO policy
nOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.