Lead Architect and Design Manager
- Titles: Lead Architect and Design Manager
At NEXTDC we are building the heart of Australia’s high-tech future. We design, build, and operate world class, industry leading, next generation data centres, using cutting edge, environmentally efficient infrastructure to service the broad requirements of local and international companies.
As an Australian head officed, ASX100 listed company we currently operate 12 data centres across Australian 6 cities, with future national and international expansion planned.
Here at NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people, and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do, and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
As our Lead Security Engineer, you will provide Leadership, to ensure NEXTDC set a new data centre industry leading, security standard, for government, enterprise and hyperscale data centre clients.
You will lead security engineering and design throughout projects including but not limited to: understanding and delivering government and security critical customer organization needs, site risk and mitigation assessments, feasibility, site appraisal due diligence, preliminary concepts, spatial co-ordination, scopes of services/works, tender assessment and analysis, cost/budgeting and delivery, options & business case analysis, concept, design, Revit modelling review, construction site inspection, commissioning through to facilities management, building operation/tuning and customer acceptance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- “Customer first” focus on government and security critical organizations
- Developing a higher standard of security for the co-location data centre industry
- Physical and electronic security engineering and design through to delivery acceptance
- Stakeholder engagement – internal and external
- Performing CapEx and Total Cost of Ownership options analysis & recommendations
- Options analysis, including risk assessments
- Producing and managing tender / contract specifications
- Perform peer review and workflow reviews via Aconex/Procore systems for all security designs including concept, tender, contract, shop, construction, as-built documentation
- Perform construction phase site inspections/on-site commissioning oversight, trouble-shooting, and customer acceptance - Globally
What we’d like to see from you as the successful candidate:
- Skills in physical and electronic security engineering and design
- Sharp eyes with attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant industry, government and hyperscale client standards
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Engineering or Diploma minimum in Security design
- Experience with government, enterprise and hyperscale customer security design
- Opportunity to be a vital part of NEXTDC
- Inclusive, diverse and values-driven working culture
- Hybrid working practices
- Awesome employee benefits (gifted share options, NEXTDC days, volunteer days, professional development, holistic wellbeing and mental health programs and more)
- Great opportunities to progress within our company (grow as we grow)
Our mission is to continue building a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents the communities in which we operate.
Make NEXTDC your next move.