Senior Project Accountant
- Titles: Senior Project Accountant
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX100 listed company with data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
As our Senior Project Accountant, you will undertake and coordinate activities in relation to all phases of project delivery and data centre development. You will also act as a key business partner facilitating the essential flow of information between the Finance and project delivery teams.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all project accounting activities such as monthly project journals, accruals, cost adjustments and reallocations, budget transfers, and project financial close
- Coordinate and assist with the day-to-day financial transactions at the project level. This may include project set up, cost code maintenance, progress claim reconciliations, procurement support, and invoice payment workflow approval
- Maintenance of project master data in all relevant systems including project codes, project level cost codes, and associated general ledger accounts
- Lead monthly project budget reviews with project managers and provide the expenditure reforecasts as an input to month-end reporting processes
- Prepare and provide capital expenditure forecasts at a project level as part of the annual corporate planning process
- Partner with the project delivery teams to establish and maintain effective compliance to financial policies and procedures
- Act as a key liaison between Finance and the business for project accounting related information. This may include capital expenditure forecasts for insurance premiums, surveys from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), and information for internal and external audit
- Extensive relevant experience in a full range of project accounting and transactional activities from feasibility to financial close
- Advanced Excel and SharePoint Skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with project managers in a cross functional capacity
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage various demands
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Preferably CPA or CA qualification
- Some travel may be required due to NEXTDC’s geographically dispersed organisation
- Fun work culture
- Opportunity to be a vital part of NEXTDC
- Awesome employee benefits
- Great opportunities to progress within our company
Our mission is to continue building a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents the communities in which we operate.
Make NEXTDC your next move.