Data Centre Technician
- Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
NEXTDC is an ASX200-listed technology company enabling business transformation though innovative data centre outsourcing solutions, connectivity services and infrastructure management software. We continue to revolutionise the data centre industry in Australia with our colocation data centres, not only are they technologically advanced but they are designed around our customer's needs, providing a customer-centric service and outstanding customer experience.
At NEXTDC, we encourage our staff to challenge the status quo; as a growing company, you can make an immediate impact and even influence the direction of where we go next.
We are currently looking for a passionate Data Centre Technician to join our highly skilled Brisbane facilities team.
Based in Brisbane's CBD, the purpose of this role is to support the Facility Manager with the day-to-day operations of the data centre by providing high quality & efficient technical maintenance and customer service.Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with customer equipment and installations
- Delivery of cabling needs, electrical and data, to customer racks and areas
- Attend to Remote Hands Request
- Assist with the maintenance of all core electrical and mechanical systems
- Ensure that facility problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Hands on experience with fibre optic cabling
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and most importantly, a can do attitude
- Basic knowledge of data centres (desirable)
- TAFE Cert in Telecommunications (desirable)
- Electricians A Grade License (desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in the Data Centre industry.
Apply now to find out more about this exciting opportunity.