Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
The ICT Apprentice role requires a pro-active self-starter who is conversant with modern technology and Microsoft Apps, who will work alongside Technical teams based within Bexley Council offices.
The successful candidate will be assigned to work within the Technical development and Desktop Teams but will also be involved in Major Incident and Service Desk processes were required to enable the apprentice to have a full end to end understanding of Service Management.
The main function of this role will be to support the product and development team, so a strong interest in Cloud, Azure and Microsoft apps (Power Apps) will be an advantage. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with good problem solving skills and able to work on their own initiative. They must have a strong interest in technology and a wiliness to learn and develop under their own skills.
You will be required to carry out various daily administrative and process functions accurately and work under supervision to assist the team delivering a professional, high quality and customer focussed services.
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic employee with ambition, strong work ethic and can work well in a team environment.
- Open to new ideas with the willingness to learn.
- Confident in using Microsoft applications.
- Strong interest in current and evolving technologies, inc Cloud, and Power Apps.
- Excellent grammatical skills.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to confidentially communicate with all levels of colleagues.
Employees of NEC are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.