Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of new-born babies.
As a Technical Architect across our Central Government, Document Management, Revenues & Benefits & Social Housing teams, you’ll be joining 3,500+ colleagues across the globe and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to deliver with amazing technology and professional services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, social housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
*Please note that due to strict security clearance requirements, we are only able to consider applicants that have been residents in the UK for 5 consecutive years or more.
What you will be up to
As a Technical Architect across our Government, Social Housing & Document Management teams, you’ll help build outstanding software services for government departments, local authorities and social housing providers. Your role is UK wide but based in our Bracknell office with the ability to work from home as well, but you might need to visit other locations too.
We see this as a leading position and are looking for a committed person who enjoys the challenge and wants to grow with the company and take on responsibility!
Key aspects of the role
· Provides a technical framework for the development of software solutions.
· Defines aspects of development technology including appropriate languages, security and workflow to suit the requirements.
· Responsible for high-level design choices including technical & security standards; contributes to coding standards.
· Collaborates with stakeholders to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software solutions; contributing to pre-sales materials and responses as required.
· Develops high-level product approaches with attention to system integration and solution feasibility.
· Carries out proofs of concept to identify best practice approaches.
· Communicates all concepts and guidelines to development team.
· Provides technical guidance and coaching to developers.
· Reviews development output to ensure consistency with initial design.
· Ensures software considers all aspects of software security and performance.
· Assists with the management and assessment of security risks (proactive and reactive).
· Provides high level penetration testing / penetration testing evaluation and work with central security team to ensure software pre-release is fully pen tested.
You will work with our teams in the UK (Bracknell, Belfast, Hemel, Alderley Edge), India (Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney) on a diverse range of solutions using different technologies and developed using iterative, agile or customer-focused methodologies as required.
In return, we offer a fun, diverse workplace with great benefits, excellent training plus some extra help if you need it. We care about your well-being, so we even provide access to confidential services that offer financial advice and legal support to name but a few.
Every day you come to work; you’ll make a difference to people’s lives.
Technologies we use:
· Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL
· Backend: Oracle PL/SQL, Java & JavaSpring Boot, C#, PowerShell
· Infrastructure: OCI, Linux, Windows, Solaris
· Development Tools: Scrum / Kanban, GIT, Jira, Slack, Jenkins, MS DevOps, Visual Studio, Agile
This isn't a list of hard requirements that must all be met, but an indication of skills and experiences we see as directly applicable to the role and you don’t need to be a genius coder in all of this tech as well.
· Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
· Strong technical background and excellent IT skills.
· Experience of designing secure and scalable software solutions.
· Experience in agile software development and coding in various languages.
· Experienced in designing software characteristics and functions.
· Experience delivering SAAS solutions.
· Accomplished in mentoring and pairing with team leads and engineers to promote best practices for storing and processing data efficiently and securely.
· OCI and SSO experience is a bonus.
· Commitment to detail and excellence.
· A solid team player who leads by example.
· Dedicated to delivering an excellent service to clients.
· A forward and rounded thinker.
Personable with a clear and concise communication style and a willingness to learn.
What we offer:
· Private Medical Cover (with the option to add family members)
· 25 days paid holiday, with the option to buy/sell (holidays increase with length of service)
· 4 x basic salary life assurance cover (with the option to increase cover)
· Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
· Fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
· Full access to LinkedIn Learning to support your professional development
· Access to our wellbeing programme for confidential advice and support
You’ll need to provide evidence that you have a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role, a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.