Revenues and Benefits Assessors - Hartlepool or Home based
- Hartlepool, UK
- Employees can work remotely
NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world.
We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes.
We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook.
We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
Working within the busy area of the Revenues & Benefits department you will be involved in processing of all Housing / Council tax changes, RTI cases and new claims following the procedures given and working to KPI’s with excellent accuracy at all times.
• To deal directly with customers of the service via letter, email and telephone to ensure delivery against the service contractual requirements affording excellent customer service at all times.
• Meet the standards or deadlines required whilst performing all duties with Minimum support
• Complete high levels of workload consistently in line the Right Time Indicator, The Right Benefit Indicator and Subsidy regulations
• Coaching and mentoring junior staff/Colleagues
• Shares best practice with colleagues and lead update sessions to wider team
• Keeps own knowledge up to date through use of publications, briefing notes and bulletins as well as attend external training session to improve wider teams skills
• Maintain a constructive and positive attitude within the Business Centre taking on additional duties as and when required and contribute ideas to assist improvements
• Regularly exceeds minimum contractual standards for productivity/accuracy
● Experience of using Northgate / Academy / IBS (Civica) Systems
● Proven problem solving skills
● Good customer service and communication skills
● Working knowledge of Housing Benefits / Council Tax
● Delivers under pressure with a flexible approach to work
● IT competent
Skill development and progression –
NEC are committed to developing and expanding the skill and knowledge sets of all of our colleagues. We aim to cross skill in at least one additional service within our processing centre. For example as a Revenues and Benefits Assessor you may look to undertake additional training in one or more of our Central Government services, i.e. Blue Badge Improvement Service, Local Welfare Provision, Heavy Goods Vehicle Levy Scheme or London Councils Appeals Service.
NEC actively seeks to progress our colleagues internally. The vast majority of our current management team have progressed to their current roles, having come to NEC as Revenues and Benefits Officers.
Career progressions within our Revenue and benefits processing department:-
❏ Revenues and Benefits officer >
❏ Revenues and Benefits Senior >
❏ Revenues and Benefits Team Leader>
❏ Revenues and Benefits Service Manager>
❏ Senior Operational Management Roles>
Employees of NEC are entitled to the following benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.