Senior Support Consultant
- Hemel Hemstead UK, London, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world.
We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes.
We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook.
We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
***PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS HOME BASED***
Successful candidate will be expected to take part in a rota covering Canadian hours. One week in approximately 8 they will work 2pm to 10pm.
To work as part of the Customer Support Operations group, resolving application support issues raised with NEC’s installed Housing solution and related software components. To ensure support issues are handled using ITIL best practice service processes in an efficient and effective manner via communication or negotiation with the Customers, Partners, and NEC Software Solutions.
- Provide technical assistance, application support, usage advice and guidance to NEC Housing customers
- Demonstrate good in depth knowledge of application environments with an ability to pick up application support issues and working towards SLA’s
- Understand the contractual commitments in place with NEC’s customers and ensure incidents/problems are resolved within contracted SLA’s
- Translate customer requirements to provide workarounds and fixes to a wide range of customer problems
- Develop and implement technical support procedures/documentation
- Preparation and delivery of proactive support services (ITIL Problem Management
- Identify and develop opportunities for revenue generation through provision of additional services and solutions to NEC customers.
- Extensive knowledge of Housing software and other affiliated add on applications (Business Objects, API’s etc)
- Proven track record of supporting applications deployed using web technologies
- The generation and manipulation of SQL scripts to query and manage database content
- Experience of being part of a service infrastructure delivering support services to customers within pre-defined timescales.
- Experience of working for/with the Public Sector
- Good customer relationship skills
- Awareness of administering operating systems including Microsoft Windows (client and server), Linux and UNIX Solaris
- Experience of application delivery tools such as Citrix
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- ITIL 4 Foundation certificate
- Understand principles of software development within an ISO 9001 accredited environment
- Experience of report creation using Business Objects or similar tool
Employees of NEC Software Solutions are entitled to the following benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/ sell 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.