- Hartlepool, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world.
- We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes.
- We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook.
- We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
The product manager will be vital to our success and drive future growth. In this role you will provide leadership in the management and development of products. You will be empowered to develop the strategy and vision for product roadmaps, establish collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, gathering accurate requirements and evaluating product performance to enhance our mission of providing excellence in service delivery.
Reporting into the Director for Entitlement Services the role's main responsibilities include:
- Working within the NPS Product & Proposition team to define and manage the product roadmap and technical strategy for Entitlement Services
- Understand the current and future needs of our customers, owning and driving feature delivery end-to-end within an Agile development environment.
- Assist in the preparation of new business plans
- Provide a point of contact for internal teams and customers for product enquiries
- Define and agree a suitable release strategy, business case and roadmap with all stakeholders.
- Have an awareness of the product’s position within the wider marketplace, carrying out competitive analysis to drive future developments.
- Provide support to sales via up-to-date product content, undertaking internal briefings and supporting responses to tenders
- Attend conferences and other trade events
- Facilitate, manage, attend and present at customer meetings and user groups
- Work closely with other roles within the business including Sales, Project Management, Consultancy, Development and Support to help ensure the products meet the clients’ needs and are delivered according to the agreed timescales and quality level.
- This role is a Home-based role but is likely to include travel to our offices in Hartlepool, Wrexham and Hemel Hempstead as well as travel to customer sites.
- Experienced Product Manager with a proven track record.
- A background of working in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Decision maker - able to make tough decisions in the best interests of the product, market, customer and company.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, working with minimal direction while providing comprehensive access to live progress documents and updates against plans ensuring that all concerned are well informed.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Strong sales and commercial awareness.
- Previous experience of new product development using Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end service development lifecycle, structured methodologies, and delivering projects on time to budget.
- The ability to liaise and communicate with customers; information gathering, presentations, dispute resolution etc.
- Will have excellent interpersonal and communications skills capable of exploring and articulating complex concepts across the various stakeholders of any project.
- Able to organise time effectively, determining the right resources needed to succeed.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and provide a quick turnaround.
- Technical writing experience.
- Microsoft Office fluent.
- Business management skills.
- Full and valid UK/EC driving licence as there will be a need for UK travel in the role.
Employees of NEC are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days during enrolment period
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. A Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check will be required and dependent on the role further checks may be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.