Farmer-to-Farmer Finance Instructor
- Uchiza District, Peru
- Employees can work remotely
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 1- qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidate located in Peru for the position of Finance Instructor to support Cooperativa Cacaotera Agroindustrial de Uchiza (COCAU) based in San Martin, Peru.
The Cooperative Cacaotera Agroindustrial de Uchiza (COCAU) was founded in 2017 through a joint effort of 5 small Uchiza caserios (towns under 1,000 inhabitants) to gain access to better services such as technical assistance and formal commercialization contracts.
COCAU wants their leaders to be capable of interpreting the cooperative’s working capital and communicating this information to all members. At the General members meeting the General Manager shows the coop financial statement, opportunities to improve operations and request members’ vote on activities to prioritize in the upcoming year. However, for the board of directors and members to vote wisely, they need to understand expenses, profit and loss statements, and an estimate of future outcomes of their operation to make good business decisions. By the end of the assignment, participants should know: finance and accounting concepts, how to conduct financial analysis, how to manage and generate capital to expand operations, how to communicate and use financial information to optimize coop operation.
Duration: 2 weeks, July- August 2021
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Perform, jointly with COCAU personnel, a financial analysis of the cooperative.
- Determine how to generate capital to expand COCAU operation
- Strengthen officers' leadership and competencies to use financial information to optimize COCAU operation
- Provide trainings on basic accounting, revenues, cash flow, forecasting.
- Business or accounting degree with experience in agricultural cooperatives
- Knowledge finances for cooperatives.
- Experience in communicating Financial data to audiences without financial knowledge.
- Knowledge in cacao commercialization.
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.