Farmer-to-Farmer Digital Advertiser
- Jocoaitique, El Salvador
- Employees can work remotely
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA’s USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer program sends American farmers and agribusiness professionals on 2-4 week agricultural development assignments, promoting sustainable growth and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from U.S. farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives and universities helps smallholder farmers in developing countries improve productivity, access new markets and conserve environmental and natural resources. During COVID-19 we have shifted to a hybrid volunteer model that affords US volunteers and in-country volunteers the opportunity to continue to provide technical assistance. For more information visit NCBA CLUSA Farmer-to-Farmer.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 2 (1- remote US volunteer and 1- volunteer based in El Salvador) qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidates for the position of Digital Advertiser to support Asociación Agropecuaria Caficultora de la Sierra Lenca de Morazán (ACALEM) based in Morazán, El Salvador.
ACALEM was established in 2011, based on the collective need to organize and formalize coffee operations in the region. In July 2021, ACALEM exported coffee for the first time. Although buyers are happy with the quality of the coffee, they want to know more about the product: information about the farm, who produces it, what environmental and social impact the coffee production is having, etc. It is an issue especially with international clients who can’t visit the farm and can’t interact with the members. Through a subtitled video, members can share their stories and these can reach customers no matter where they are located. ACALEM members need to develop communication and marketing skills in order to tell their story and meet the needs of their clients.
Duration: 2 weeks, November- December 2021
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assess current marketing materials and techniques being used by ACELM to promote their brand
- Conduct a training on audiovisual techniques to capture the stories of coffee producers through photographs and video
- Work with trainees to teach techniques to properly edit photos and videos to be published in different media platforms
- Develop a communication plan in collaboration with the members to tell the stories of the ACALEM producers
- Collaborate with members to define roles and responsibilities of the team in charge of managing the content for ACALEM's social networks
- Audiovisual material that serves as an example for future content (video edited and ready to be sent or photos already edited ready to be shared)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Digital Marketing, Communication, Digital Media Design, or related fields
- Working knowledge in social media management
- Working knowledge in audiovisual content creation
- Experience with training rural communities
- High verbal communication skills
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.