- Moyobamba, Peru
- Employees can work remotely
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA’s USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer program sends American farmers and agribusiness professionals on 2-4 week agricultural development assignments, promoting sustainable growth and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from U.S. farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives and universities helps smallholder farmers in developing countries improve productivity, access new markets and conserve environmental and natural resources. During COVID-19 we have shifted to a hybrid volunteer model that affords US volunteers and in-country volunteers the opportunity to continue to provide technical assistance. For more information visit NCBA CLUSA Farmer-to-Farmer.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 2 (1- remote US volunteer and 1- volunteer based in Peru) qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidates for the position of Financial Manager to support Asociación de Productores del Amazonas-Alto Mayo (APROMAYO), based in Moyobamba, San Martin, Peru.
APROMOYO was established in September 2015 by 6 small-scale coffee producers aiming to improve their production and access to better markets. APROMOYO’s focus is on sustainability with the goal of being recognized for the quality of their products. They currently produce 6 different types of coffee: arabica, caturra, catimor, catuai, pache, and tipica. They hold 4 certifications: Organic, Fair Trade, Café Practices, and Rainforest Alliance, which provide APROMOYO access to niche coffee markets. APROMOYO provides their members with commercialization services, drying services, transportation services, and agricultural tools.
APROMOYO seeks to improve their financial procedures to plan strategically, allocate resources as necessary, and reach organizational efficiency. This assignment aims to analyze the current financial practices of the association to help them make informed decisions and continue to grow.
Duration: 2 Weeks (October 2021- December 2021)
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Instruct participants on fundamental concepts of financial management.
- Educate participants on how to analyze and monitor financial information.
- Train participants on how to create and implement cashflow, reporting business operations, stock control, taxation requirements, and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Analyze APROMOYO’s current financial practices.
- Degree in Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
- Experience in agribusiness, especially in the coffee business.
- Experience facilitating training sessions and strong communication skills.
- Knowledge about the coffee value chain is desirable.
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer.
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.