Farmer-to-Farmer Human Resources Specialist
- Moyobamba, Peru
- Employees can work remotely
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 2 (1- remote US volunteer and 1- volunteer based in Peru) qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidates for the position of Human Resources Specialist to support Asociacion de Productores del Amazonas-Alto Mayo (APROMAYO), based in Moyobamba, Peru.
Apromayo was established in September 2015 in the district of Soritor, province of Moyobamba, San Martin region by 6 small-scale coffee producers. They aimed to improve their production and access to better prices in the market.
Apromayo has 15 workers, some are permanent and others seasonal, who perform different activities from administrative duties to technical support during the year. However, they also perform other tasks according to Apromayo’s needs, which has led to inefficient organizational practices; disorganization, employees don’t know or understand their roles, etc. For example, the technical area has 2 field technicians (extensionists), who address corrective actions issued by certifying organizations to meet the requirements and internal inspections for certification purposes. These technicians rarely provide technical assistance to the members. The goal of this assignment will be to help Apromayo define employee roles and responsibilities according to the organizational structure and guide them in creating and implementing an operational plan.
Duration: 2 weeks July- September 2021
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Analyze the current organizational structure and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Work along with the administrative and technical staff to identify and define roles and responsibilities according to the organizational structure and needs; possible restructuring is needed
- Teach the board of directors how to develop and implement an operational plan that will be adhered to by everyone.
- Degree in Administration, business administration; specialization in human resource management.
- Experience in business planning or organizational development.
- Experience in facilitating training sessions and strong communication skills.
- Knowledge in coffee value chain would be desirable.
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.