Farmer-to-Farmer Digital Marketer
- Puerto Quito, Ecuador
- Employees can work remotely
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 2 (1- remote US volunteer and 1- volunteer based in Ecuador) qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidates for the position of Digital Marketer to support Asociación de Producción Agropecuaria Nueva Esperanza (ASOANE) based in Pichincha, Puerto Qito, Ecuador.
The Asociación Agropecuaria Artesanal Nueva Esperanza is a farmers’ association dedicated to the production and sale of cacao and cacao sub-products like cacao paste, chocolates, and cacao pulp. They focus on the production of National Fine Aroma cacao. They also offer agro-touristic services for local visitors such as guided farm tours, bird watching, preparation of organic fertilizers, and training in the management of native and agroforestry plant nurseries.
ASOANE wants to reach a broader audience to improve their sales through social media. They have a webpage, Facebook, and Instagram however, they need to be improved and updated. Some members have helped the association with graphic imagery, to prepare posts for Facebook and Instagram, but they think that their posts can be more appealing and polished to catch the attention of clients. This assignment will encourage all participants to improve their business through digital marketing and at the end, a group of 3 people will become the digital marketing team. They hope to involve their youth members in this process.
Duration: May – July 2021
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Analyze the current social media and provide constructive feedback about improvement opportunities.
- Develop comprehensive training on digital marketing and its importance for the association's development.
- Teach participants about social media content, updates, keep active digital instruments to promote associations products.
- Collaborate with the training participants to form, a digital marketing team of 2- 3 people to develop marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing and/or a related field.
- Experience managing professional social media accounts intended for marketing and sales
- Proven record of promoting business presence online, with advanced online-marketing and social media strategy.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.