Farmer-to-Farmer Business Plan Expert
- Tarapoto, Peru
- Employees can work remotely
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 2 (1- US volunteer and 1- volunteer based in Peru) qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidates for the position of Business Plan Experts to support Cooperativa Agraria Monte Azul, based in Tarapoto, Peru.
Cooperativa Agraria Monte Azul is a coffee and cacao cooperative established October of 2015 in the city of Tarapoto as an initiative of small producers from Lamas and El Dorado communities, in San Martín, Peru. These small landholders decided to unite efforts to tackle production and commercialization issues due to the limited access to the market as individuals.
Monte Azul Coop has increased their sales, achieved strong footing in the national market and gained access to international markets. However, it is essential that they develop a business plan to reach business efficiency, communicate their vision to others and seek strategic partnerships. This business plan will help establish their administrative structure, products and services that they provide. Additionally, they need to analyze; competitors and the market, conduct internal operation’s (strengths and weaknesses), SWOT, and revise their Human Resource plan and financial plan. This assignment will result in a useful business plan structure according to Monte Azul’s needs and apply step-by- step methodologies that address each component of the business plan.
Duration: 2 weeks, March- June 2021
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The volunteer will analyze; internal procedures and operations, external SWOT and share the results with Monte Azul via a SWOT matrix.
- Collaborate with the board of directors to revise Monte Azul’s mission and vision statements, in addition to their strategic objectives.
- Work with the board of directors, administrative staff, and coop members to create a sustainable business plan, encompassing human resource and financial plans.
- Degree in Business Administration and/or Business Management
- Experience in cooperative business.
- Experience in business planning and organizational management.
- Experience in facilitating training sessions and strong communication skills.
- Knowledge in coffee and cocoa value chain, national and international market would be desirable.
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.