Farmer-to-Farmer Coffee Marketing and Sales Strategist Volunteer
- Tarapoto, Peru
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Marketing and Sales Strategist to support Monte Azul Cooperative, based in Tarapoto, Peru. The Marketing and Sales Strategist Volunteer will provide marketing and sales techniques to this cooperative which is intends to expand their customer base. Following their first successful international sale, they acknowledge that in order to continue their progress, they need to access new and better markets, increase sales and thus better position its brand, products, and services. With the Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer’s assistance they hope to develop the skills to achieve their goals and innovate.
Duration: 2 weeks in April- May 2020 OR August-September 2020 (Due to the global impact of COVID-19, Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer assignments are tentatively scheduled to restart summer 2020)
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Review the past and current contracts with national and international clients to improve previous performance and develop sales strategy
- Review the existing products and services the co-op offers to its customers and members as sources of information to build a marketing strategy to be used for national and international clients.
- Conduct workshops to train the administrative professionals and members from the board of directors on responsible commercialization, to understand green coffee contracts, as well as buyer-seller negotiations to sell coffee futures
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Agribusiness, Business Administration and/or a related field
- Work experience in food and beverage (F&B) wholesale or retail and commodity sales in global markets.
- Desired experience in global coffee trading and working with co-operatives.
- Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.