Farmer-to-Farmer Chocolate Tourism Marketing Strategist
- Huánuco, Peru
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidate for the position of Marketing Strategist to support Cooperativa Agroindustrial y de Servicios del Centro Poblado de Bella (CAI Bella), based in Huánuco, Peru. The Marketing Strategist provides guidance to a busy cooperative that grows cacao and sells their Chocopasion line. Cai Bella offers full tours and tastings of their chocolate manufacturing plant where visitors get to experience all phases of the cacao bean transformation; from fermentation, drying, toasted, butter, powder and chocolate production. At the end of the tour, visitors stop at CAI Bella store to taste and purchase Chocopasion chocolates as they desire. The problem is that during the low tourist season, CAI Bella notices an immediate decline in traffic and is hoping to develop new methodologies to sustain their operation year-round as well as attract more business during the high season.
Duration: 2 weeks, March-June (Due to the global impact of COVID-19, Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer assignments are tentatively scheduled to restart summer 2020)
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Research, plan and execute marketing efforts based on the history and vision of the cooperative
- Provide training on; tourism marketing, use of marketing strategy, sales segmentation management, etc.
- Analyze CAI Bella’s chocolate manufacturing process and suggest improvements to make tourists’ visits to the plant more enticing.
- Enhance CAI Bella’s marketing strategy to strengthen their clientele base in the local tourism sector.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in Business and Marketing, Communication and/or related field.
- Experience in Branding and Marketing
- Background in sales/negotiation tactics is desirable
- Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.