Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Volunteer Organizational Development Specialist
- Tingo María 10131, Peru
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Organizational Development Specialist Volunteer to support Cooperativa Alto Huallaga (CAICAH) based in Huanuco, Peru. The co-operative is economically successful, and their members and staff believe that in order to sustain their success members need to increase participation and willingly work with the cooperative. The General Manager currently divides his time between two locations and requires the support of members to maintain the cooperative at operational capacity. The Organizational Development Specialist Volunteer will provide a baseline assessment of current organizational structure, to ensure sustainability. The internal procedures are to include, but not limited to; defining roles for personnel and members, balancing financial roles and responsibilities, and social impact.
Duration: 2-3 weeks in February- April
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Initial assessment of the organization
· Training on internal procedures; roles and responsibilities of personnel vs. members
· Conduct a baseline of cacao farmers’ engagement in the co-op and its operations.
· Train co-op leaders and members on management, governance, leadership and group (membership) development in the context of co-operative enterprises.
· Develop a satisfaction survey to understand members’ satisfaction with co-op services, transparency, technical assistance etc. through phone, web or others.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Governance, management or internal procedures expert
· Experience in adult based training/ capacity building specialist
· Gender and youth strategies
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.