Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F)Marketing Strategist Volunteer
- San Martin, 22770, Peru
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Marketing Strategist to support Asociación de Productores Selva Nororiental (APROSELVANOR), a woman run coffee producers association based in San Martin, Peru. The Marketing Strategist will provide guidance on establishing a sustainable marketing and branding strategy for these small coffee producers with the intent of garnering attention and new clientele. The anticipated plan would promote access to national and international markets, new product development, and an increase in sales.
APROSELVANOR has been in existence since 2015 and focuses on improving their member’s quality of life through skills development and technical trainings. Over the past 3 years, the coop has been able to sell 50 shipping containers, approximately 2,087,250lbs of coffee products using a middleman. This is a huge accomplishment for these small coffee farmers given their susceptibility to the precarious middlemen that they work with at times. Association members recognize that in order for them to be sustainable they need direct sales, void of a middle man, and have made this a goal for the upcoming year.
Duration: 2 weeks February- March 2020
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Research, plan and execute marketing efforts based on the history and vision of the association
· Provide training on sales and negotiation tactics
· Collaborate with co-op members and staff, to develop a branding strategy to access new markets – domestic and international. Also, train the members how to properly use
· Develop, alongside the co-op´s members and staff, a marketing plan considering existing local resources available to the co-op.
· Train the co-op’s members and staff how to use the branding strategy to develop new products, access new markets, domestic and international to achieve the co-op business goals and objectives.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum BS in Marketing and Branding desired
· Strong presentation and communication skills.
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.