Chief of Party - Peru
- Lima, Peru
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded proposal focused on improving and facilitating the economic integration of Venezuelan migrants and refugees in major receptor communities in Peru and Ecuador.
This will be a contract position pending award from USAID.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide technical direction and strategic oversight and oversee all technical and management aspects of the project.
- Oversee the design and successful implementation of project activities, ensuring objectives are executed under well-developed plans.
- Lead project work planning, including obtaining guidance from public and private sector partners to identify employment opportunities from Venezuelan migrants
- Facilitate dialogue with all levels of government, including working at the district and community level.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of USAID resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID standards.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections, and monitoring of payments.
- Lead internal and external program planning and reporting, including annual work planning with sub recipients.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds in order to successfully co-create and implement a sustainable integrated design.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUSA Headquarters to ensure high-quality periodic reporting.
- Serve as the primary representative of the project to USAID.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master’s degree in a related field
- 12+ years of experience implementing development projects in the areas of financial inclusion, workforce development, social protection, local governance, and social inclusion.
- 6+ serving in a leadership role managing large, complex USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working with government counterparts in the cooperating country, USG donors, and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, motivate and manage staff
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID grant or contract rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to produce results in challenging contexts
- Capacity to effectively deal with and resolve conflict.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Experience in Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.