*Coming Soon* Cooperative Governance and Organizational Development Farmer-to-Farmer Volunteer
- Washington, DC, USA
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Cooperative Governance and Organizational Development Volunteer to support cooperatives in upcoming projects. The Cooperative/Organizational Development Specialist Volunteer provides a baseline assessment of current organizational structure to ensure sustainability. This includes but is not limited to assisting the host organization in establishing internal procedures; coordination of multiple stakeholders, defining roles for personnel and members, balancing financial roles and responsibilities and social impact.
Location: Multiple locations, to include Peru and Ecuador
Duration: 2- 4 weeks
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conducting an initial assessment of the organization based on existing by-laws
- Conduct organization and capacity assessment to determine best teambuilding exercises to strengthen linkages between board members Analyze and assess the board of directors
- Provide training to the board of directors on governance skills
- Elaborate Design and present an action plan (recommendations and timeline) for strengthening the cooperative and building trust between the board and members
- Training on internal procedures; roles and responsibilities of personnel vs. members, financial responsibilities of elected officials and social impact on the organization
- Educate members on varying methods to assess and update organization by-laws and operating procedures
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Governance, management or internal procedures expert; cooperative development experience desired
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Gender and youth strategies.
- Experience in adult based training/ capacity building specialist
- Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed).
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.