Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F)Marketing Strategist Volunteer
- Belén, Honduras
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Marketing Strategist Volunteer to support Cooperativa Cafetalera Belén Limitada (COCABEL), based in Belen, Honduras. The Marketing Strategist Volunteer will provide guidance to this young, tenacious co-op that is looking to gain traction in local and international markets. They have established, within their objectives, the need to access new and better markets, increase their sales and thus position their brand, products and services. This assignment will focus on building a branding strategy and revise/update the marketing plan alongside the local staff and co-op leaders taking into account the co-op’s current operations.
Duration: 2-3 weeks in June- September
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Collaborate with coop members to develop a branding and marketing strategy to access new markets
· Train the co-op’s members (leaders) and staff how to use the branding strategy to access new markets, domestic and international to achieve the co-op business goals and objectives.
· Research, plan and execute marketing efforts based on the history and vision of the cooperative
· Provide training on; use of marketing and branding strategy, sales and negotiation tactics, social media, etc.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Degree in Business and Marketing, Communication and/or related field.
· Experience in Branding and Marketing
· Background in sales/negotiation tactics is desirable
· Gender and youth strategies.
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed).
· Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.