Farmer-to-Farmer Graphic Designer Volunteer
- Santa Ana, El Salvador
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Graphic Designer Volunteer to support Asociación Cooperativa De Producción Agropecuaria y Agroindustrial Piedras Azules (ACPAA Piedras Azules) based in Santa Ana, El Salvador. The Graphic Designer Volunteer will work with the new cooperative to identify and construct their brand identity to gain notoriety and generate business. With the volunteer’s guidance, the cooperative members are eager to establish themselves within the coffee sector and need a logo that accurately portrays their story.
Duration: 2-3 weeks in July- August
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· The volunteer will meet with cooperative members and board of directors to build a relationship and discuss the brand
· The volunteer will create a logo for the cooperative that accurately communicates the cooperative’s identity
· The volunteer will design the artwork for coffee packaging
· The volunteer will train various groups, including but not limited to, youth, women and board of directors’ council on how to use the logo/brand
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
· Experience in marketing and branding.
· Gender and youth strategies.
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed).
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.