Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Cooperative Governance Volunteer
- Osicala, El Salvador
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Cooperative Governance Volunteer to support Asociación Cooperativa de Producción Agropecuaria San Carlos Dos de R.L.(San Carlos Dos) based in Morazán, El Salvador. The Cooperative Governance Volunteer will conduct a baseline assessment of current organizational structure to determine where they can best support the cooperative in building a sound board that operates in the best interest of its members. In addition, the volunteer will focus on assisting the host organization in establishing internal procedures; defining roles for personnel and members, balancing roles and responsibilities, and social impact.
Duration: 2-3 weeks in July- August
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Conduct organization and capacity assessment to determine best teambuilding exercises to strengthen linkages between board members
· Provide training to the board of directors on governance skills
· Elaborate and present an action plan (recommendations and timeline) for strengthening the cooperative and building trust between the board and members
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Governance, management or internal procedures expert; cooperative development experience desired
· Teambuilding and conflict resolution training
· Gender and youth strategies.
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed).
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.