Farmer-to-Farmer(F2F) Financial Management Volunteer
- Ocotepeque, Honduras
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Financial Management Volunteer to support Cooperativa Cafetalera Cerro Negro Limitada (COCACENEL), based in Ocotepeque, Honduras. The Financial Management Volunteer will conduct a baseline assessment of the organization’s lending program. Current lending practices within the cooperative have proven inefficient as members either don’t remit payment on time, or at all. The assignment will focus on financial education with a concentration on loan management for members and co-op administrators. Additionally, the selected candidate would train co-op members on roles and responsibilities within a co-op.
Duration: 2-3 weeks in June- September
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Conduct a baseline assessment of coffee farmers’ loan management practices.
· Familiarize with the co-op existing financial management.
· Conduct a business analysis of the co-op to assess the cost structure of the co-op business.
· Carry out trainings on members roles and responsibilities.
· Carry out trainings on cost structure of the co-op business to maximize income and increase long-term sustainability and leadership.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or related field.
· Experience in administration of lending programs.
· Governance, management or internal procedures expert.
· Gender and youth strategies.
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed).
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.