Farmer-to-Farmer(F2F) Organizational Development Volunteer
- Ocotepeque, Honduras
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Organizational Development Specialist Volunteer to support NCBA CLUSA’s Alianza de Mujeres en Café (AMUCAFE), based in Ocotepeque, Honduras. The Organizational Development Specialist Volunteer provides a baseline assessment of current organizational structure, to ensure sustainability. In addition, the volunteer will focus on updating the existing operating procedures and by-laws. The internal procedures are to include, but not limited to; defining roles for personnel and members, balancing financial roles and responsibilities, and social impact. Additionally, if time permits, the volunteer will provide training on proposal writing.
Duration: 2-3 weeks in June- September
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Initial assessment of the organization based on existing by-laws
· Training on internal procedures; roles and responsibilities of personnel vs. members, financial responsibilities of elected officials and social impact on the organization
· Educate members on varying methods to assess and update organization by-laws and operating procedures
· Provide proposal writing training
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Governance, management or internal procedures expert
· Experience in adult based training/ capacity building specialist
· Experience preparing proposals in response to RFP requests and grants
· Gender and youth strategies
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.