Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Volunteer Product Innovation Specialist
- Santa Ana, El Salvador
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Product Innovation Specialist to support Los Pinos and Piedras Azules Cooperatives, based in Santa Ana, El Salvador. The Product Innovation Specialist will build the capacity for the members of Los Pinos and Piedras Azules to create new products from the established coffee production systems. Additionally, the volunteer will create new value-added products from the by-products of the milling and roasting processes. It is also expected that the volunteer train a selected group of people from the Cooperative on how to innovate their coffee business.
Duration: 2-3 weeks July-August 2019
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Set up an innovations team in the cooperative
· Train innovation team to build a road map and generate ideas to develop new products using coffee and its by-products
· Provide Los Pinos and Piedras Azules members with the knowledge to test new product concepts
· Develop protocols, if deemed possible, for development of the new products
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Specialized in developing new products and use of by-products
· Minimum BS in Marketing and Branding
· Working knowledge of the coffee value chain
· Excellent hands-on training skills with an adult audience is necessary
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.