Farmer-to-Farmer Website Design Volunteer
- Santa Ana, El Salvador
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Website Design Volunteer to support Las Tablas Cooperative based in Santa Ana, El Salvador. The Website Design Volunteer will work closely with the cooperative members to create client deliverables; including website design and coding, color schemes, infographics, etc. Presently, the cooperative has no website, but would like to establish an online presence.
Duration: 2- 3 weeks with flexibility for July-October
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Collaborate with coop members to design a fully responsive website accessible from mobile and desktop browsers (Chrome, IE 7-11, FF, Safari, iOS, Android)
· Provide training on website use/maintenance to a small group of coop members
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor of Arts or Sciences in Design with web or multimedia major or equivalent
· Experience creating HTML pages and emails that render properly in a wide array of web and email clients
· Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
· Strong background in typography, graphics and use of color
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Industrial design skills are a plus
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.