Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Strategic Planning Volunteer
- Chalatenango, El Salvador
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Strategic Planning Volunteer to support Divino Salvador Cooperative, based in Chalatenango, El Salvador. This cooperative is comprised of a group of coffee producers who united in response to the low prices they were being subjected to for their high-quality coffee. As a cooperative they have been successful negotiating prices true to the value of their coffee, but need assistance ensuring the longevity of the cooperative. The Strategic Planning Volunteer provides guidance on strategic management of the cooperative.
Duration: 2 weeks assignment with flexibility for June- August 2019
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Train the cooperative’s Board of Directors in strategic planning
· Develop mission and vision statements for the cooperative in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
· Provide guidance and define short- and long-term goals for the cooperative.
· Define strategic objectives for the cooperative
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Governance, management or internal procedures expert; cooperative development experience desired
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field preferred
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Experience in strategic planning
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.