Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Anti-Child Labor Specialist
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Anti-Child Labor Specialist to support our clients in Honduras. The Anti-Child Labor Specialist will focus on training participants on the US import regulations for agricultural products, specifically coffee, involving the suspicion of child labor or forced labor. In addition, the volunteer will assess the factors that foster a child labor environment in Honduras. Based on findings from the assessment, the volunteer will provide tools for the co-op to identify instances of child labor and mitigate this practice.
Duration: 2-3 weeks during June-August
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· The volunteer will train participants on US import regulations for agricultural goods involving child labor or forced labor and its implications when child labor or force labor is suspected.
· The volunteer will teach participants tools to recognize and control child labor or force labor.
· The volunteer will recommend strategies to eradicate child labor or force labor.
· The volunteer will teach smallholder farmers the negative implications of child labor as US suppliers.
· Experience working on international anti-child labor campaigns
· Knowledge of strategies to mitigate the employment of child labor in agriculture sector
· Knowledge of US import regulations
· Experience working with US certification institutions
· Candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Advanced Spanish is a plus (However a translator will be available if needed)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.