Chief of Party - Madagascar
- Antananarivo, Madagascar
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified Chief of Party candidate for the upcoming FY 2019 Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). The over-arching goal of the program is to reduce food insecurity and chronic malnutrition, as well as build resilience among chronically food insecure households in the most vulnerable regions of Madagascar.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Oversee the design and implementation of a multi-sectoral program in food security, market access, maternal/child health and nutrition, WASH and emergency response, which includes public- and private-sector engagement.
- Lead and provide expertise in developing and executing sustainable, integrated practices.
- Facilitate dialogue with all levels of government, including working at the district and community level.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of USAID resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID standards.
- Lead internal and external program planning and reporting, including annual work planning with sub recipients.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds in order to successfully co-create and implement a sustainable integrated design.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections, and monitoring of payments.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUSA Headquarters to ensure high-quality periodic reporting.
- Serve as the primary representative of the project to USAID.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Development, Agriculture, Public Health, Nutrition, or a related field is required.
- 10+ years of experience in managing large, complex USAID or other donor-funded projects, preferably in the areas of agriculture, food security, nutrition and/or WASH.
- Prior experience managing Food for Peace projects is preferred.
- Experience working in a variety of developing environments required; Madagascar experience desired.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working with government counterparts in the cooperating country, USG donors, and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, motivate and manage staff.
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID grant or contract rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to produce results in challenging contexts
- Capacity to effectively deal with and resolve conflict.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.