Freelance Post Production Maintenance Engineer - NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
We are looking for a motivated engineer comfortable functioning within a fast-paced environment to support systems for Remote Live Sports production onsite or at-home base. This position is responsible for building, designing, configuring, and maintaining systems both in preparation of and during live events, such as Sunday Night Football, Golf Tournaments, World Cup and the Olympics.
- Deploy and manage systems on remotes events including servers, storage, networks, archive systems, and applications to support the media preparation and delivery needs of the Production and Engineering
- Upgrade and patch systems as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Provide documentation of systems and support procedures to be utilized by the larger engineering, production, and operations teams at the facility
- Proactively communicate with vendors, clients, and other engineering teams to resolve system issues and drive future development
- Actively participate in projects to improve systems and procedures through meetings and written updates
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs; define best practices and standards within disciplines
- Design infrastructure solutions to match business needs – Apply best design practices to meet project goals, translate project scope from client into efficient engineering solution; contribute to budget development
- Work independently in a fast-paced live television environment and will be responsible for ensuring the on-site systems stay operational under all circumstances
- Work within NBC equipment management software to catalog, track, and pick assets for deployment
- Assist the remotes groups with system designs, budgeting, integration, and maintenance of our systems
- Minimum three (3+) years' of experience in a television broadcast environment or equivalent combination of education/experience as an engineer or similar position
- Ability to operate, maintain, design, procure and assemble “travel ready” light weight and streamlined systems for deployment. Both to domestic and international live events
- Experience with post and broadcast systems including non-linear editing software and hardware, Analog/Digital Audio and Video Systems and computer networking knowledge
- Excellent documentation and communication skills to facilitate effective results with staff and technology providers
- Proficient in software-driven broadcast video equipment
- Extensive Knowledge of MacOS and Microsoft Windows platforms
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks and other data communication technologies
- Able to work independently and with a team under live program conditions, navigate solutions within the framework of air deadlines
- Self-starter and meets deadlines
- Knowledge of computer server installation and maintenance
- Proficient with post and broadcast production systems and software including Avid, Adobe, Accelerated file transfer technology, AWS, Cloud storage, and bonded cellular technology
- Advanced computer/IT skills, including thorough understanding of networking, subnets, and IP configuration
- Candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT and willingness to travel to Monroe, CT when needed
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week- Stamford, CT.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].