Freelance EVS Operator - NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The EVS Operator will be required to perform multiple job functions. This person will work with the production department during live shows and live/live to tape productions. This person should have the ability to perform fundamental and advanced EVS operations. This includes basic editing, building & playing back playlists often while supporting a live show. The EVS Operator should be able to work in high pressure situations sometimes with a quick or immediate turnaround. They should also be able to transfer video clips to and from Avid and Xfile. May also be asked to operate EVS XS, and assist the Digital Transfer Center when required.
- Edit and Playback highlights, sound, & packages for live/live to tape studio shows. This includes news, talk, and instructional shows.
- Ability to Record, Edit, and Playback with an 8 channel EVS XT(3)
- Editing highlights, and turnaround sound bites, using EVS Clips & Playlists
- Storage and transfer of files using EVS xfile program
- Searching and logging video clips using EVS IP director
- Perform routing with Evertz HD router
- Recording of Satellite feeds
- Responsible for the technical quality of all phases of video operation – HD and SD signal flow
- Responsible for transfers, digitizing or any other video ingest support for live shows
- Interface with engineering department regarding equipment maintenance issues
- Xfile support for Golf Channels tournament shows
- Ability to travel for remote Broadcasts as required by supervisor
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance & ability to work independently
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years’ experience in live broadcast facility operations; minimum of one year EVS experience
- Understanding of television and post production workflows
- Must be Proficient in Windows, MAC, AVID, Final Cut Pro, and Microsoft Office Products
- Understanding of digital video and audio formats. (e.g., Quicktime, MPEG, AIFF, etc.)
- Understanding of content delivery platforms and how they use video. (e.g., Flash, Quicktime, DVD, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of EVS XS for live production playout
- Strong knowledge of File based workflow, XDCAM, HDCAM, DIGIBETA
- Understanding of FTP and the downloading and uploading process
- Proficient with computers and office software
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills required
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities a must
- College degree preferred
- Experience editing with AVID, Final Cut is preferred
- ScheduALL experience is preferred. Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].