Sr. Financial Analyst
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
At Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal you’ll find more than a job. Here you’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team of unique birds who want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment. As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent. Here you can fly to new heights!
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, Operational Finance to join our Peacock Finance (FP&A) team. This role is focused on managing financial budgets, analyzing data, executing short-term forecasts, and providing essential decision support to our management team. As a key player within Operational Finance and specializing in Revenue & Cost of Revenue, you will gain exposure to revenue planning, subscriber forecasting, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the streaming industry, as well as operational cost management. This position involves close collaboration with the FP&A, Decision Sciences, Partnerships, and Revenue Monetization teams to execute on day-to-day responsibilities as well as learn the overall Peacock business.
- Financial Operations & Planning:
- Take charge of day-to-day financial operations and oversee the monthly close process
- Maintain a detailed revenue reporting & forecasting file, ensuring accuracy and implementing improvements as needed
- Contribute actively to financial planning submissions, including annual budgeting, quarterly estimates, monthly pacing, and operating reviews
- Provide comprehensive support to the Finance Manager in managing revenue, various revenue share deals, and KPIs
- Prepare impactful presentation packages for leadership, ensuring clear communication of financial insights
- Demonstrate growth to oversee additional budgets as the Peacock finance organization evolves
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Work closely with the FP&A and Controllership team to evaluate financial actuals/forecasts, providing insightful variance analysis and testing the ledger for accuracy during monthly close processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Decision Sciences, Partnerships, and Revenue Monetization to gather and analyze data related to subscriber metrics, including customer deal performance and pricing, acquisition, churn, and usage
- Strategic Financial Analysis
- Support the preparation of weekly reporting and presentations for leadership, effectively communicating key performance indicators and financial results
- Identify financial risks & opportunities through the use of scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Assist the Finance Manager in testing subscriber forecasts for accuracy
- Develop a profound understanding of streaming, key performance indicators (subscribers, usage, average revenue per user), and financial drivers (acquisition, churn, subscriber mix shifts)
- 2-3 years experience in a finance/accounting, investment banking, or management consulting role,
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint User
- Experience with ERP systems, such as SAP or data visualization tools as Tableau, are a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Detail oriented critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills; ability to provide solutions that address the issues/concerns
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative team player, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large sets of data, analyze financial data, and identify trends
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for television and technology
- Understanding of revenue recognition principles, financial statements, and financial metrics is a plus
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary Range: $70,000 - $95,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].