- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
As one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, NBCUniversal International Networks & Direct-to-Consumer delivers quality content and compelling brands to over 160 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. Delivering a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe, the unique brands include UNIVERSAL TV, SYFY, E! Entertainment Television, 13TH STREET, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, Bravo and DreamWorks. Universal+ (a hybrid linear and non-linear service) aggregates the group’s brands on affiliate platforms, offering subscribers both live programming and an extensive range of compelling VOD content, including territory premieres and full boxsets, available all in one place. NBCU’s direct-to-consumer activity outside the US includes hayu, the all-reality SVOD service available in 27 territories – including the UK, Canada and across Europe and Asia Pacific – as well as the upcoming launch of Peacock on Sky in late 2021.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible for the regional office monthly closing entries, account reconciliations, P&L and B/S variance analysis and ad-hoc requests (e.g. checking each contract and ensure payment terms are accurate)
- Presents monthly closing analysis and risks and opportunities to the Regional Financial Controller and VP of Finance
- Work with accounts payable and operating teams on processing invoice payments; assist with resolution of trouble invoices; perform audits of vendor activities.
- Assists in the validation of correct accounting for the treatment of programming content acquisitions and sublicensing process to joint ventures via ownership of the Regional Balance Sheet.
- Owns the subbing & dubbing reconciliation process and assists with the completion of automating the process in its entirety
- Assist with the creation of vendors, purchase orders and maintain data base (Contracts, Vendor documents, Cost centers, WBS, GL, Channel allocation, etc.
- Maintains proactive and clear communication with multiple stakeholders as deemed necessary in order to ensure proper recording of financials (e.g. International Networks Controllership team, OpCo Functional leads, third party vendors, etc.)
- Assist internal departments such as Transmission, Human Resources, Legal, Digital, Marketing, Ad Sales, etc. with ad-hoc requests (e.g. Cost Center & GL confirmation for PO set up).
- Assist the Accounting Manager in finance projects to drive controllership simplidication and automation improvements
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Moderate to advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in accounting and/or finance systems such as SAP, BW, BPC, SMART, SNAP
- A strong attention to detail
- Language: Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus
- Experience in working with accounting or finance and with a multi-market company
- Understanding of the Media Entertainment Industry
- Highly effective problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Miami, FL, USA
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].