Data Architect, Direct-to-Consumer
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you’ll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn’t stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We’re always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we’re backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
This role is part of a wider technology team (Direct-to-Consumer Technology) focused on product offerings including Peacock across NBC Universal and Comcast. A Data Architect will have architecture responsibility for several development projects working closely with Business/Product stakeholders at an early proposition stage to shape Technology’s approach to support a product/proposition.
This role will require on-going engagement and close collaboration with other architects and software delivery teams where the Data Architect will support the teams in defining an appropriate solution to deliver a product or proposition; providing specific expertise and support around key areas such as data acquisition, schema and data model design, high volume data processing/storage, distributed computing, building cloud-native applications, data virtualization, machine learning, analytics, integration and data security.
The focus of your data architecture work will be in leading the detailed technical solution design to help build a data-driven business. This will entail using the power of data to solve business problems by making intelligent data-driven decisions in Content Acquisition, Product/Feature Design, Marketing, Sales & Service, Advertising and Customer Journeys across our Direct-to-Consumer products.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to devise a data strategy that addresses Peacock’s data needs
- Map business requirements to system or technical requirements
- Design and develop technical solutions that meet the data needs of the stakeholders
- Work with technology platform architects in shared design forums to peer review, improve and iterate on technical solutions
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement the architecture and a vision of how this data will flow through the organization
- Specify, design and build cloud-native solutions that are scalable, performant and leverage the best-of-breeds technologies and managed service offerings
- Articulate cost vs benefit of a solution approach and anticipate how this may need to evolve in future
- Utilize the power of data science, including machine learning and artificial intelligence, to craft superior data-driven solutions and products.
- Design new tools with a focus on direct data ingestion, faster feedback loops, real time data processing, segmentation, personalization, and decision support
- Identify and evaluate data ingestion and management technologies that can be leveraged to industrialize and automate data ingestion and processing
- Have a strong focus on Data Governance including metadata management, data lineage/provenance, data cataloguing, data protection, data quality
- Ensure data protection measures including anonymization, access controls, compliance are adhered
- Establish and enforce data governance policies and procedures to maintain data quality, privacy, and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Constantly monitor, refine, and report on the performance of data management systems
- 5+ years of experience of defining solution architecture and strategic direction to deliver Data products and capabilities to support BI/Analytics/Reporting, Personalization or Advanced Analytics (AI/ML) use cases
- 5+ years of experience in architecting web-scale solutions on public cloud (Google Cloud preferred but comparable experience on AWS or Azure will be considered) or on-premises. This includes expert understanding and articulation of architectural principles to build systems that support very high concurrency, are highly available and reliable in the face of dependent component failures
- Experience leveraging Big Data offerings on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) like BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Dataprep, Pub/Sub, DLP etc. or their functional equivalents on AWS, Azure or on-premises
- Demonstrable experience of defining and delivering integration solutions to/from marketing, advertising and analytical COTS products (Adobe, Braze, Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Significant experience designing machine learning pipelines for intelligent insights and predictions
- Proven experience working with Data Governance tools and frameworks (Collibra, Alation etc.)
- Experience working with data warehousing, data marts and data lake technologies
- Experience designing microservices and in containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes, GKE or equivalent, Docker)
- Working understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) principles
- Strong computing fundamentals including compute, storage, networking, and security
- Adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations
- Ability to work in a global matrixed organization with local and remote teams
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Good consultancy and influencing skills, working within strong technical environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $150,000- $185,000; bonus and long-term incentive eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.