Freelance Technical Manager -NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Technical Manager will provide front-line management of personnel, facilities, equipment, operations and technology for a customer driven production operations group. Coordinate all technical and logistical requirements prior to air and then in the control rooms to ensure that all technical aspects of the production go as planned. This position works with and supports productions in the NBC Sports Group Stamford facility including the NBC Broadcast Network, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Peacock as well as NBC Olympics.
- Work closely with all show personnel in planning programs and scheduling manpower resources including field crews, edit rooms, control rooms and production studios
- Coordinate and communicate with remote origination locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
- Ensure efficient utilization of company resources within a fast paced rapidly changing environment
- Work with other NBC entities, outside broadcasters and vendors to identify, negotiate for and secure required resources.
- Maintain technical and broadcast quality.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting client’s expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in live, studio television production experience.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in engineering support and operational experience in broadcast studio and production control room.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with field/remote production processes and equipment (including satellite/telco and communications) experience.
- Must have proficient computer skills including; Apple, Microsoft O365, and other collaborative software platforms.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours during the week and across weekends.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Should have managerial skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Must understand digital production and file based workflows.
- Work well under pressure, including tight deadlines.
- Clear communication skills with the ability to be effective across diverse groups throughout the company and external vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.