Freelance Production Assistant (Olympic Games) - NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
As a Production Assistant, you will work with the production team to help deliver live and same day delay event coverage during the Olympic Games.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist production personnel in all phases of Olympic sports production in both live control room and edit environments
- Report to the show producer/associate producer and execute tasks needed to finalize and deliver shows for broadcast
- Assist producers and editors in locating and organizing footage and music.
- Contribute to edit sessions to help create show elements, including b-roll, highlights, and graphics
- Proactively develop and communicate ideas to improve broadcasts
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred one (1) year experience in Sports Television Production, preferably in live control room and in post-production environments
- Versatile, self-motivated, energetic
- Extremely organized; attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Have a familiarly with, and interest in, Olympic sports
- Strong knowledge and interest in sports television production
- Ability to learn and apply new skills/processes quickly
- Multi-task and manage a variety of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication ability
- Familiarity with AVID post-production workflow
- Strong research skills and editorial instincts
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite - Stamford, CT.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.