Freelance Researcher, Content Integration, Olympic Games
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone.
We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Content Integration team plays a critical role in ensuring that the best content of the Olympics Games is shared across all of NBC Universal’s linear and digital platforms throughout the Games. Researchers in the Content Integration department are collectively responsible for watching every event of competition, plus content created by production teams and athlete social media. The Content Integration team then identifies and distributes the most compelling and relevant content to various production teams within NBC.
The Content Integration team ensures that all stakeholders within NBCU and its Olympic partners make the most of the content and extraordinary moments available during the Games, while providing timely and necessary editorial guidance and parameters when applicable. When the Olympics provide a great moment – either on the field of play or off it – the Content Integration team helps amplify that moment by sourcing additional content that is relevant to helping tell and amplify that story, and sharing it all with relevant teams.
- Watch multiple live events at once, seeking out and identifying notable stories and moments that unfold.
- Consume additional Olympic content produced by NBC and the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS) and identify content that can help supplement stories as they unfold throughout the Games
- Pitch producers on the best content that is available for them to utilize
- Work with editors to create short-form pieces that tell great stories utilizing footage available from NBC and OBS
- Help organize, manage, and locate content within NBC’s media systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to identify compelling storylines
- Sound editorial judgment and a keen eye for stories that will translate to wide, diverse audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking and prioritizing the most important stories
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Understanding of and passion for Olympic sports
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Willingness to take and implement feedback quickly
- Television production experience
- Familiarity with content editing systems a plus
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
- Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.