Director, Eng & Tech Project Management - NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Director, Engineering & Tech Project Management is responsible for collaborating across the Engineering departments and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to develop and maintain integrated architecture drawings to communicate design and workflow objectives across the larger Olympics team; and, will work across the team to develop overarching time lines to ensure the critical path between departments can be maintained for successful delivery of the team’s goals.
The Director will identify new technology that be utilized to enhance the presentation of the Sports & Olympics production as well as drive efficiency and productivity. Organize and drive technology and workflow proof-of-concepts and stakeholder demonstrations with assigned resources to enable adoption and acts as the de facto documentation arm of the Sports Tech Advisory Council.
- Work with assigned SME’s to lead the design, budgeting, build and implementation, testing, and operational support, including creating and maintaining documentation, for various television production systems.
- Develop and maintain conceptual and architectural system drawings to help frame thoughts and guide sub-project designs and interconnects.
- Develop master timelines between areas to ensure coordination and successful project delivery.
- Be able to cultivate long-term relationships internal and external to NBC Olympics to conceive and deliver technology solutions.
- Assist Engineering team with support of major initiatives as production needs dictate.
- The position will also include key participation in the architecture and support of our Cloud and ST-2110 environments in the Olympic host city and Stamford production center.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Broadcast Production Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of background in live production and support.
- Minimum 5 years of System Design/Project Management of media production systems.
- Proficiency with Visio and LucidChart, the MS Office Suite, including Project and related applications
- Hands on direct knowledge of broadcast television technologies including Analog/SD/HD-SDI Video, 5.1 multi-channel audio, Audio/Video signal routers, Control Room facilities, character generators/graphics playout systems, video servers, digital compression, and broadcast test and measurement equipment.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
- Be 'customer'-focused and can communicate complex concepts to non-technical groups
- Team-oriented and able to solicit and share information freely; “we win as a team”
- Media production system design skills and ability to produce/modify conceptual drawings.
- Understanding of operating systems and COTS hardware-based production equipment, and basic networking concepts.
- Direct knowledge of UHD/HDR/Atmos production technologies
- Knowledge with augmented reality and real time graphics systems
- Understanding of Cloud based contribution and live production workflows.
- Motivated to develop and advance their skill sets to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies of our industry.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, or similar CAD documentation systems
- Ability to create and modify detailed single line system drawings.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with the following hardware and systems:
- Sony MVS/XVS Series Switcher Experience
- Sony Broadcast Camera Experience
- EVS XT Servers and Peripheral equipment Experience
- Calrec Audio Mixer and Hydra Distribution System Experience
- GV IP Routing System Experience
- RTS Adam/Omneo Intercom System Experience
- Cisco Switches, Routers and related technology Experience
- Prior experience with technical base building construction, reading and evaluating architectural and mechanical engineering designs and representing the technical coordination needs during construction.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite, including extended periods on location in foreign countries.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.