Freelance Communications Engineer - NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Please Note: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
As a Freelance Communications Engineer, you will play an important role providing day-to-day communications support with systems programming, key panel needs, communications requests, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Provide front-line engineering and technical support across multiple studios, control rooms and their supporting areas throughout the production facility
- Perform system level troubleshooting of technical facilities, including, but not limited to, communications systems, studio equipment, audio equipment, and computer systems associated with those areas
- Interface with Operations and Production personnel to ensure their communications needs are being met and understood while defining and implementing technical solutions to meet production initiatives
- Perform preventative maintenance on communications systems and related hardware as well as perform upgrades and expansion through the coordination and supervision of management
- Work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing responsibilities
- Work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment with fellow engineers, Operations, IT and other departments
- Minimum three (3+) years of recent experience in a television broadcast environment or combination of related education/experience
- Hands-on experience of audio processing, signal flow, both analog and digital including but not limited to MADI, Dante, AES-67 and VoIP technologies
- Basic understanding of Network (IT) components, topology and function
- Basic understanding of Windows and Macintosh computers as well as supporting peripherals
- Ability to read and understand system signal flow diagrams
- Knowledge of general audio and video for teleproduction technologies and processes
- Hands-on, problem-solving skills with broadcast-related equipment and systems
- Understanding of the urgent needs of the on-air Sports production environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems.
- Customer-focused with the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical groups.
- Basic understanding of electronics and electronic components.
- Recent experience using RTS Matrix-based intercoms including but not limited to:
- RVON, OMNEO, 2-Wire and RF based Party Line hardware
- ADAM, ODIN systems
- RVON, OMNEO and DANTE technologies
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].