Broadcast Engineer - Post-Production - NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Broadcast Engineer - Post-Production will report to the Sr. Director, Production Engineering.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of Post-Production for the facility acting as front-line support, trouble shooting and technical diagnosis.
- Responsible for confirming that equipment used in the Post-production process works properly.
- Works with external providers to resolve technical and workflow issues with provided equipment and systems.
- Implementation of a routine preventative maintenance program, including software and hardware updates.
- Installing Audio and Video equipment
- Regulates, documents and implements procedures
- Responsible for the support of both Live and Post-Production operations within the facility. Will be exposed to Pro Tools, Screening Rooms, Edits, Graphics, and EVS.
- Passionate about the Post-Production process, excited by new technologies and opportunities and ready to help develop and improve the existing process and infrastructure.
- Proficient at communicating both problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will help develop new processes, technologies, and techniques, which will help to improve the running of the facility.
- Desire to be proactive and enhance the department needs
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the technical support of a Post-Production Facility or operation.
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Avid ACSR in Media Composer, Interplay, and Nexis preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as diplomacy skills
- Knowledge of 4K workflows a plus
- Experience with Avid Post-Production environments essential, including Media Composer, Pro Tools & Interplay PAM/MAM/Media Central.
- Possess strong hands-on, problem solving skills with broadcast-related equipment and systems, with the ability to meet deadlines, and with an understanding of the urgent and dynamic needs of an “On-Air” broadcast facility.
- The ability to work both alone and in a team environment with fellow Engineers, Operations, IT, Transmission and other departments, while maintaining a strong Customer focus.
- Clear understanding of a variety of audio and video CODECS, wrappers and the formats involved in file-based workflows.
- Adobe Production Bundle, including Adobe After Effects and Photoshop – a plus.
- Experience and understanding of network production is advantageous.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Server Operating Systems, Linux, and Apple OS
- Working knowledge of data transfer acceleration systems such as File Catalyst, Aspera, Signiant and SFTP.
- Knowledge or experience with Telestream transcoding
- Adobe CS Production Bundle & C4D, render solutions,
- Evertz routing and control systems.
- Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with IT security in a Post-Production environment.
- Good understanding of modern Post-Production workflows and media management.
- Knowledge of Visio, AutoCad, etc.
- Ability and desire to learn new production technologies.
- Experience with VM platforms a plus.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.