Freelance Remote IT Operations - NBC Sports
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 12 months between October 2023 – October 2024, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
This role requires an individual with experience in remote broadcast IT services, client technologies and network services. The candidate must have experience with daily operations and support of IT services and remote event logistics.
Travel will be required, particularly in preparation for and during the months in which remote sporting events take place.
- 3+ years of experience in remote/television broadcast environments
- Candidate must possess strong analytical and time management skills that result in the successful and timely completion of multiple tasks.
- Excellent communications skills and demonstrated ability to manage large projects requiring coordination with external hardware, software and communication vendors, as well as related NBC staff
- Ability to effectively influence, energize, and coach others
- Proven project management skills, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Manage the inventory, installation and network changes for remote infrastructure kits
- Update and maintain the sports remotes calendar for tracking technical equipment
- Maintain documentation for NBC Sport’s remotes LAN and WAN connectivity
- Purchase of equipment for remote IT operations
- Provide support for NBC Sports owned laptop/desktops and well as handheld mobile devices used on and during remote events
- Identify and implement new technology initiatives that result in qualitative, operational and financial opportunities
- Work closely with Broadcast Engineering, Digital and Corporate Security teams to facilitate the operations and convergence of broadcast and IT technologies
- Travel to sports remotes to provide IT support
- Flexibility in schedule to meet changing Sports production demands.
- Candidate should be well versed in emerging technologies
- Excellent knowledge of network infrastructure systems and sub-systems (i.e. routers, switches).
- BS Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, completion of advanced technical IT training program, military or equivalent experience
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford and Monroe, CT, as well as every diverse place on the planet one could think of.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].