Freelance Technical Facilities Scheduler, Olympic Games
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone.
We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
We’re looking for world-class talent to help bring action-packed coverage of The Olympics and Paralympics to viewers across the country.
Set to take place in Paris, France, July 26-August 11, 2024, with the 17th Summer Paralympic Games from August 28-September 8, 2024, this is your chance to help shape one of the most monumental moments in sports.
Whether you're fully absorbed in the energy at our state-of-the-art facility in Stamford, Connecticut, or immersed in the vibrant atmosphere of Paris, this is your chance to capture the electrifying spirit of competition, to join in the magic, and to ignite inspiration through cutting-edge production and uncompromising storytelling.
Become part of our winning team. Join us in bringing the most innovative, creative, and
compelling Olympics and Paralympics coverage in our history to audiences everywhere.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 8 months between January 2024 – August 2024 or 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Responsible for assisting the Stamford Technical Facilities Scheduling team by scheduling NBC Olympics television broadcast technical facilities in the International Broadcast Centre in Paris. This scheduler will be based in the NBC Sports Group facility in Stamford, CT, and will report remotely to the Manager of Technical Facilities Scheduling
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling facilities such as television Control Rooms, Studios, Edit Rooms, Announce booths, server ingest channels, MATV and IPTV channels, REM and routers, IFB and PL COMMS, transmissions to and from the venues, transmissions to and from NBC facilities in the United States, transmissions to and from the host broadcaster, an SNG unit, aerials, venue fax checks, and more in ScheduALL.
- Produce and distribute schedule reports.
- Support Connecticut-based Olympic team users of ScheduALL in all departments.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the ScheduALL database and system.
- 2+ years related Television experience or 2+ years related Scheduling experience.
- Must be computer savvy, and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Very strong organizational skills are required.
- Must be an effective trouble shooter, communicator and problem solver
- Must be detailed oriented
- Effective learning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with various departments.
- Ability to handle sensitive and, at times, difficult situations with confidence and ease
- High level of responsiveness and follow-through
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.