Digital Operator (Olympics), Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
This Is Your Golden Opportunity
We’re looking for world-class talent to help bring action-packed coverage of The Olympics and Paralympics to viewers across the country.
Set to take place in Paris, France, July 26-August 11, 2024, with the 17th Summer Paralympic Games from August 28-September 8, 2024, this is your chance to help shape one of the most monumental moments in sports.
Whether you're fully absorbed in the energy at our state-of-the-art facility in Stamford, Connecticut, or immersed in the vibrant atmosphere of Paris, this is your chance to capture the electrifying spirit of competition, to join in the magic, and to ignite inspiration through cutting-edge production and uncompromising storytelling.
Become part of our winning team. Join us in bringing the most innovative, creative, and compelling Olympics and Paralympics coverage in our history to audiences everywhere.
The L1 Operator will be responsible for ensuring timely and reliable delivery of NBCU live and VOD content to the NBC OTT Platforms. The L1 Operator will provide real time monitoring and support for the delivery of NBCU content. Monitoring takes place through a combination of “eyes on glass” and a host of data aggregation tools within the Digital NOC.
- Monitor the end-to-end distribution of NBCUniversal digital video assets on NBC OTT Platforms
- Perform L1 monitoring and support of digital video workflows including escalating to L2, resolution and reporting out
- Digital encoder set up of event-based streaming across all events during the 2024 Paris Olympics
- Clearly communicate with production teams to ensure broadcast standard execution of livestreams
- Physical checks on endpoint devices and platforms to ensure assets are available as expected
- Partner with engineering to monitor traditional and digital signal transmission
- Develop expertise of distribution workflows and communicate support cases across departments to help firm-up operations
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external distribution partners
- Bachelor’s degree or related field experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of previous industry, database or related analytic experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a NOC, Digital Operation or Media Operations facility
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience in a support role strongly preferred
- Experience, understanding and knowledge of digital product and distribution systems, standards and processes
- Technical experience with digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
- Prior experience with video encoding, delivery distribution workflows
- Experience with scheduling and resource management
- Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively flexible in approach, and responds well to pressure
- A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.