SNY Broadcast Systems Engineer
- Business Segment: NBCUniversal Local
SNY is an Emmy Award winning, multiplatform regional sports network serving millions of homes throughout the New York Metropolitan area and across the country through unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UConn women’s basketball and all things New York sports.
In this role, you are responsible for maintaining equipment & technical standards at a production and newsroom facility. Note: This will be a late afternoon/evening shift position; working hours are scheduled from 2pm to 12am, or as needed.
- Support multiple daily live studio productions
- Act as quality control for incoming/outgoing ENG & game feeds
- Perform emergency & preventative maintenance on studio, control room, and newsroom equipment
- Partake tasks on equipment integrations and updates on capital improvement projects
- Perform daily studio and remote production supports duties as required
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of seven (7+) years' professional Broadcast Staff Engineer experience; preferably in a live studio production facility
- Knowledge of IP/LAN infrastructures and Video over IP (RTP / SRT)
- Experience with Avid editing systems, Ross Xpression graphics, SSL audio, Grass Valley switchers, Ross robotics, Overdrive Production automation, Evertz routing (monitoring and control), and RTS Telex intercoms
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex systems and read technical document and processes, including the expansion of new maintenance procedures and tech docs
- Ability to communicate processes and requirements to peers and off-site resources, including personnel at a remote SNY locations or vendors remoting in
- Must have flexibility regarding schedule, including the ability to work nights, holidays, and weekends
- Minimal travel is anticipated for remote productions and maintenance
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from a designated SNY worksite.
In accordance with applicable NYC law, the estimated base salary range for this role is $90,000 - $115,000 commensurate with experience. This position is overtime and bonus eligible. SNY offers a competitive benefits package that includes healthcare benefits, 401 (k) Retirement plan, Paid time off, Commuter benefits, and other additional company benefits.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].